Sunday, January 07, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

Yes, I made some New Year's resolutions. Yes, they were the usual, eat less, exercise more, pray more. I joined Weight Watchers Saturday. I was a member years ago --twice, once after each baby. Both times I was quite sick of it when I quit, and both times the weight crept back on. I dread the idea of spending a year at those meetings (and math tells me that's what I'm looking at) but the accountability of going there, weighing in and paying for the privilege keeps me on track. There isn't anything magical about their system--it is a basic low fat, low calorie diet accompanied by moderate exercise. There is nothing there I couldn't do on my own--but experience has shown that I don't. I bought a portable exercise bike from Sharper Image. I had hoped to put in under the computer desk, but that doesn't really work. I guess I'll need to start watching TV or reading again. I signed up for an hour of adoration a week. That has been a great help to my prayer life--and does make me want more. Now I just have to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:05 AM

    Ruth,
    Congratulations on the positive changes you're working on. Adoration is, by far, the best improvement to my prayer life. I scheduled myself as an Adorer because I know if I didn't, it would be so easy for me to let other things creep in, kwim? I'll be praying for you as you implement changes this new year!

    Blessings,
    Michelle (Aloha1964)

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats