Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Housekeeping

Elena tagged me with a meme, so here goes:

Aprons – Y/N?

Don't own one.

Baking – Favorite thing to bake:

Cookies

Clothesline – Y/N?

Not now, the tree it was tied to blew down in the hurricane and I haven't had time to use it anyway. I do like the way sheets feel and smell when they are hung outside to dry, but otherwise I pretty much have used the dryer.

Donuts – Have you ever made them?
Only beignets.

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day:

Can't think of anything, we pretty much share housework around here

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?

Yep.

Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
Yes but my dh says when it breaks it isn't going to be replaced. He has hated it since I got the first one.

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
The internet
(sounds like a good answer so I'll copy it.)

Ironing – Love it or hate it?
Neither, but I don't do it often.

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
Yes, in the kitchen, under the phone.

Kitchen: Design & Decorating?
Light wood cabinets, grey "ceramic" vinyl floor, green pattern formica counters, peachish paint. Black/almond appliances.

Love: What is your favorite part of homemaking?

Cooking

Mop - Y/N?
Yes.

Nylons - Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
Throw them away--they usually need it about the time they need washing.

Oven - Do you use the window, or open the door to check?
I open the door--but when I bought my stove I insisted on a window, because I missed that from my mom's---but I don't use it.

Pizza - What do you put on yours?
Pepperoni, mushrooms, bell peppers or I like the spinach, artichoke, feta and tomato

Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?

A what??

Recipe card box - Y/N?
No.

Style of house -
Basic suburban 1970's ranch

Tablecloths and napkins - Y/N?
Only for special occassions

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland?
toxic waste!

Vacuum - How many times per week?
Depends on how often I make the kids do it. At least once a week.

Wash - How many loads of laundry do you do a week?
Very few, dh does most of it.

X’s - Do you keep a daily list of things to do and cross them off?
Only at work, and only when I'm on an organizational fit.

Yard - Who does what?
Son cuts, husband trims.

Zzz’s - What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed? Picking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats