Thanks to Marcia at The Printed Page for hosting.
I think the mailman and UPS guy are wondering what is going on at this house with all the packages they are delivering. What did this week bring for me?
- The Manning Brides--a compilation of two Debbie Macomber harlequin-type romances. My review is here. It came via Bookmooch. I also got another Macomber book, Nell's Cowboy, also through Bookmooch.
- A Lucky Child is a memoir of surviving Auschwitz as a young boy. My review is here, and I'm running a giveway, so come visit!
- Bookmooch also brought me Lisa Kleypas' Sugar Daddy, which I really enjoyed. I have reviewed it as well.
- The Thomas Nelson Book Blogger program sent me Max Lucado's His Name is Jesus which will be part of my Holy Week reading.
- Real Solutions for Busy Moms by Kathy Ireland will be toured by First Wildcard this week. Check back for a review and to read the first chapter on April 7. I thought it was a parenting book, but it is really more of a general advice book. However, the advice is pretty basic--don't spend more than you make, don't try to keep up with the Joneses, put your kids in carseats, exercise regularly and don't forget to take time for yourself.
- Girls in Trucks came from the folks at Hachette. I'll be running a giveway starting next week. Hopefully I'll have it read and reviewed by then.
- Another First Wildcard book is Stop the Traffik which is about modern slavery.
- The Blood of the Lambs, a former terrorist's memoir of death and redemption is also a First Wildcard book.