Thursday, April 09, 2015

From My Archives: April 2006

I don't know about you, but I'm enjoying this trip back in time.  As the anniversary of my Dad's death approaches, this post about him giving stuff away after my mom died brought a lump to my throat.  One difference between blogging now and blogging then is the ease of posting pictures now that I have high-speed internet.  Here are the rugs I was writing about:
This is the one my Dad gave me years ago.  It is in my den and the green thing is the footrest on the sofa

This is the silk rug, laying on the treadmill in my garage.  None of my siblings wanted the Turkish rugs so I got them all


2006 was my first Easter without my Mom.  I thought celebrity worship was silly then, and for the record, I still do.

2 comments:

  1. The silk rug is a prayer rug (if you did not already know). The "arrow" at the top was to point to Mecca. Check the back. Is the warp a different color? If it is then it is really old. That is how the servants knew how to spot their master's rugs.
    Gosh, I do love the old rugs!
    I have my dad's obit on the back of several of "his"paintings. I have such fond memories when I see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks to me like the back of the rug is the same as the front, except not as vibrant and with white threads running through it, if that makes sense. I'm pretty sure the rugs were new when they were bought in the late 1960's

      Delete


View My Stats