Wednesday, April 07, 2021

From Blueberry Love: Sautéed Pork Tenderloin

 


Next week I'm going to publish my review of Blueberry Love, but this week I'm sharing one of the recipes with you (with the permission of the author, Cynthia Graubert.

Sautéed Pork Tenderloin 

Makes 3-4 servings

Glaze:

2 Cups fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen)

1/2 Cup balsamic vinegar

1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup

1 1/2 Tablespoon whole grain mustard ( used regular yellow French's because its what we had

Pinch of Salt

Pinch freshly ground pepper 

Pork

1 (l lb) pork tenderloin

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil

Fresh sage for garnish (optional) 

Make the Glaze

Place 1 cup of blueberries and the vinegar in small saucepan and bring to a quick boil over medium high heat.  Mash the blueberries with a potato masher , and add the remaining 1 cup blueberries.  Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the glaze is thickened and reduced in volume by half.  Stir in the maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper.  Keep warm



Cook the Tenderloin on the Stovetop

Slice the tenderloin into 1 inch thick medallions (rounds). Season with salt and pepper. 



Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.  When hot, add the oil.  Add the medallions in a single layer and sear, cooking for about 3 minutes.  Turn and cook for 3 minutes longer. 




Pour 1/2 cup of the glaze into the skillet and turn the medallions over in the skillet until coated.  Remove from heat and serve warm.  Pass extra glaze as desired. 


My Comments

I may have sliced to the pork too thick, but mine wasn't done after six minutes.  I poured in half the glaze at that point and let the dish simmer.  Then I realized I hadn't added the maple syrup and mustard to the glaze, so I added it to the unused part, and then added it to the pork pan.  I didn't have any whole grain mustard so I just used the French's. 

The meal was a hit with my family (all of whom love blueberries).  


Come back next week and read about the cookbook!

 

1 comment:

  1. I would never have thought to pair blueberries with pork!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats