Sunday, September 05, 2010

Review: Chasing Superwoman

Chasing Superwoman: A Working Mom's Adventures in Life and Faith

We've all heard about "Superwoman" who holds an exciting, important and lucrative job while being well-known (in a good way) at her kids' (that's plural by the way) school, active in her church and having a terrific home life, never having to sacrifice one thing for another.    I don't know about you, but I've never met her.  However, Susan DiMickele, the author of Chasing Superwoman: A Working Mom's Adventures in Life and Faith may be close.

This book is a humorous reflection on what it means to be a mom today; particularly a mom with a demanding job.  She talks about the conflict between her two personalities--Lady Lawyer and Devoted Mommy.  We hear her stories about teaching Sunday School, and about the trip to Disney World, the highlight of which for one daughter, was a day spent at the hotel pool.  She tells us about how God speaks to her despite how busy she is.

Those who are working moms will related to her daycare dilemmas and all moms will cheer for her when she managed to get her children what they needed at school.  While not criticizing those moms who have chosen to stay home with their kids, or those who have less-demanding jobs, DiMickele makes the point that it is possible, though difficult to have a job like hers (trial attorney) while doing a good job raising children.

I'd like to thank the B&/B Media Group for sending me a review copy of this book, and I'd like to apologize for not getting a review up sooner.  I'm not superwoman, and I misplaced the book.

Grade:  B+


1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great book!Thank you for the review. I will have to look for this book to read for sure.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats