Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Review: Where Azaleas Bloom



About the Book:
Single mom Lynn Morrow is determined to put food on the table for her son and daughter. Her soon-to-be ex-husband has failed to meet his obligations time and again – but it turns out that Ed is struggling with his own demons. Enter contractor Mitch Franklin, an unlikely knight in shining armor. A widower with two grieving sons, Mitch once admired Lynn from afar. Now he sees in her not only the sweet girl who got away, but a woman desperately in need of support. While rushing to the rescue of Lynn and her children comes naturally, he’s also wise enough to encourage Lynn to find her own way…hopefully straight into his arms.

My Comments:
I don't often "fall in love" with the heroes of romance novels, but if anything happened to my wonderful husband, I hope there is a Mitch in my life.  Actually, being the independent cuss I am I'd probably reject him  and his help, but it made for a good read.  Mitch  is just getting  life on a good and even keel after losing his wife.  Lynn is in the process of being divorced (her husband's idea, not hers) and besides feeling the sting of rejection, she's a woman who has always stayed home with kids who is now in deep financial trouble because her ex isn't meeting his financial obligations.  She doesn't want to impose on Mitch or her friends (the gang from earlier Sweet Magnolias books) but they rally to her support despite that.  

If it's important to you; Mitch and Lynn end up in bed before they are married and Mitch allows his son's fiancee and son to share a bed; however, in neither case do we get to watch the action.  

I've read quite a few of the Sweet Magnolias books but this one has been my favorite.  Grade B+

Other Books by Sherryl Woods which I have reviewed:

Others you may enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats