Saturday, June 15, 2013

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here; some folks are forgetting that! Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post.  Click here to sign up.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.  Tonight at mass Father read some statistics about fathers and faith.  While I don't remember the exact numbers, the bottom line is that kids are much more likely to practice their faith as adults if their fathers practiced it.  Our culture today all too often makes fathers expendable  or disposable.  We've de-stigmatized unwed motherhood and as a result, made it seem like fathers are an optional accessory for the nursery.  Happy Father's Day to those men who show the love of God to their children and other children.  

This week I reviewed two Christian novels.  Sweet Mercy is set during the Depression.  That Certain Summer is set in the modern day, and is about two sisters developing an adult relationship with each other and with their mother.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:47 PM

    To Love and Truth/Michael – postings are:
    • You will be Persecuted and Reviled
    • Elisha’s Feeding of a Hundred Men as a Prototype of the Eucharist
    • The Sabbath & The Lord’s Day
    RAnn: Thank you for hosting.
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, RAnn, for hosting!
    Clicking to the others.....

    Interesting, and sadly true, commentary on Dads in your post today....

    Thank you. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting, RAnn.
    Heads up: I may not be blogging next week; I have too many other things to deal with. (I'll blog about them sometime in the future.)
    You may notice something missing; there is no fan fiction this week. This is because I'm not quite satisfied with the way the next chapter is going.
    What I DO have is the latest addition to my Rosary Art collection, some VERY encouraging pro-life news, the first episode of Br. Leo's new web series, my yearly re-post of "My Friend Tony," updated to add Fr. Anthony's inspirational homily, a request for the readers of my blog, and, of course, my weekly book list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for hosting, RAnn!

    I really, really, really need to re-discipline myself and start producing again. I've only got two posts: One for Outside the Asylum, and one for Catholic Stand, a new Catholic online journal (well, it started up about five months ago, so I suppose in Internet terms it's been around like for-EV-ah).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had my 25th high school reunion last night which is why I'm late linking up. (Where did the time go?!)

    As always, thanks for hosting so faithfully, Rann!

    Three posts this week: Weekly Goals, book review of "The Divine Family" and How to Have Happy Kids When Traveling (re-post).

    Happy Father's Day to the dads linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting, RAnn. I messed up and used the wrong link the first time. There are two On Jacob's Ladder posts. Would you kindly delete the first one? Sorry. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats