Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival



Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here; some folks are forgetting that! Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post.  Click here to sign up.

Only two posts for me this week.  Sleeping in Eden is a (slightly) Christian novel.  The Lady of Guadalupe is a children's book.  

13 comments:

  1. Thank you RAnn for hosting. Most of my week was consumed by being home again and establishing some order. I did post two short poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting.

    I'm curious: can anyone explain why when the Solemnity of Sts. Peter and Paul falls on Sunday, it trumps the regular Sunday liturgy but when the solemnity falls on a Saturday, the anticipatory mass celebrated on Saturday evening remains for the Sunday (in this case, 13th Sunday in Ordinary Time)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually wondering the same!

      Delete
    2. And meanwhile, Evening Prayer 2 for the Solemnity is prayed instead of Evening Prayer 1 for the Sunday.

      Delete
    3. I was also curious how the Divine Office handled the solemnity, so I appreciate your comments, Rochelle.

      Delete
    4. The Saturday Vigil Mass is tied to the Sunday liturgy. If there were a Saturday morning Mass, not a Vigil, it would be the feast day Mass.

      Sundays usually don't have anticipatory Vespers unless a Solemnity (First Class Feast) lands on a Sunday. That's why Vespers for Sts. Peter and Paul remained for Saturday evening.

      Delete
    5. Thanks, Barbara. I get it, I just find it strange. No, there's no Saturday weekday mass at the parish I attend - too Marian for my pastor, LOL. Peace

      Delete
  3. God bless you, RAnn. Have a great Fourth of July. The kids in the neighborhood have just started setting off fireworks. We're going to have days of booming around here. Hope things are a bit quieter down your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:42 PM

    RAnn,

    Thank you for inviting me. :-)

    Two posts this week, both apologetics-oriented, both showing that St. Paul was (of course!) Catholic, not Protestant.

    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  5. RAnn,
    Thank you, once again, for hosting!
    I learn so much and am inspired from you as well as the others who link.
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I'm new! :) Left one of my posts this week about beauty though I posted other things; browse and see what you like. Nice to meet you all!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:20 AM

    RAnn:
    Thank you for hosting. And, thanks to all for the inspiring postings. My contribution for the this week are:
    Our Golden Calf
    Attacking Our Humanity and Our Relationship with God
    Today’s Evening Psalm
    ABANDONMENT

    Peace and Grace, Michael

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting, RAnn. I have just four posts this week... three about my collections, and, of course, my book list.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats