Saturday, November 30, 2013

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival



Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here. Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post.  Click here to sign up.

Question of the week:  What do you plan to do for Advent?

My Answer:  We always have a Jesse Tree and we have an Advent wreath on our table.

I hope everyone had great Thanksgiving.  I was with three of my four siblings and my Dad.  It has gotten to the point that it isn't unreasonable to wonder if this will be his last Thanksgiving.  It has been nice having my daughter home from college.  I'm glad she's happy where she is, but I miss her.  

Not much blogging this week.  I have a box of books giveaway and a review of a memoir by a burn victim.  

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting, Rann!
    What will I be doing for Advent? Mostly, I'll be watching some special programs on EWTN. I've also placed an Advent Calendar on my blog.
    This week, I have four new images in my Rosary Art Collection, Throwback Thursday, the Life on the Rock Thanksgiving Show; a short post about Thanksgiving and Chanukka, this week's fan fiction, and, of course, my book lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting, RAnn!!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For Advent? The group email Bible study I joined this fall is doing an Advent study with each of the four weeks centered on a traditional theme, hope, faith, joy, peace. So I'll try to keep up with that.

    My pastor is running an evening lecture for three consecutive Wednesdays. I'm fuzzy on the topic because the bulletin announcement keeps changing / refining, leading up to it. I think it's on miracles. I haven't made up my mind about attending yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:52 PM

    RAnn: Thank you for hosting. The season always seems so rushed and burden with un-needed activities, I pray for some quite time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My plan is to dread the holidays as little as possible and look forward to them being over. This Thanksgiving was the least stressful in 25 years, so I'm hoping for more of the same through New Year's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Much like you, we do the advent wreath and our Jesse Tree...though, this is the first year for the Jesse Tree! Excited to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting, RAnn. My answer to the question is in one of my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting, RAnn ... and I've taken your "suggestion" to heart! *blush*

    What do I plan to do for Advent? Other than an operation on my nose, not much. I'd like to write a couple more meditations on Advent and Christmas themes, as I'm starting to get a better focus on what Outside the Asylum is "about" (gee, it only took me six years!).

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats