Saturday, October 25, 2014

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival


Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here. Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post. Click here to sign up.

Question of the Week:Do you have any suggestions regarding the Rosary? Books? Audios? Ways to pray it?
My Answer:  Nope, I'm hoping to learn something.  The rosary isn't generally my prayer. 

This week I have a giveaway in honor of Respect Life Month  I reviewed a book about a girl who has two women claiming to be her mother.    I also used a respect life theme on my Seven Quick Takes.  


5 comments:

  1. RAnn, thank you, dear host, for having us over. As for your question:
    Do you have any suggestions regarding the Rosary?
    I have a heart for the Rosary but not always a head. I have to try pray away distractions but I know the effort but adds to the power and my sacrifice of time, effort, will and love.. This is my weapon, second to the Eucharist. I'm not even good at fingering the beads..I lose track, but muddle on. It calls for faith (surprise) and for me to remember my Mother asks for me to say it and promises what only heaven can give.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joann, I purchased this rosary from the EWTN catalog. It's VERY helpful for keeping track of the beads.
      SINGLE DECADE CORD LADDER ROSARY
      This single decade rosary is designed in such a way that once you pull the bead down, it will stay in place so if you must leave your prayers for a minute or two, you can easily resume exactly where you left off! St. Therese of Lisieux used a similar string of beads as "Sacrifice Beads" and would pull a bead down each time she did a loving act of kindness or self denial for God. The string of beads helps a person to grow in virtue by challenging them to be faithful in making acts of love each day. Consists of a Crucifix at the top followed by ten brown wood beads ending with a Miraculous Medal.

      Price: $6.00
      Item #: 7017M

      Delete
  2. Thanks for hosting, RAnn!
    How do I pray the Rosary? How do I meditate? There are several ways. Sometimes I pray the Rosary while looking at pictures depicting the Mysteries, and sometimes while watching "The Holy Land Rosary with Fr. Mitch Pacwa". I love actually seeing the places where these events took place. Sometimes I use a book of Rosary meditations, and sometimes I go to one of the many websites available. Other times I might simply meditate before each decade, or perhaps add a few words to the Hail Mary. For instance, if I'm praying the Mystery of the Nativity: "And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus, King born in poverty."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rochelle, thanks for the tip. I checked it out and low and behold it is like one I made for myself, but for the place saving bead thing. I just might try to figure that out for a new effort. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the Scriptural Rosary method where a single line of Scripture is recited before each Hail Mary, all lines related to the particular mystery.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats