Monday, January 28, 2008

Leota's Garden



A month or so ago I read, and wrote about a book called Redeeming Love. Today I read one by the same author, Francine Rivers, titled Leota's Garden. It was about a little old lady who is estranged from her family and waiting to die until her granddaughter breaks away from her mother and tries to get to know her. It is Christian fiction but not overly preachy. Actually among the authors in the genre, I'd say Francine Rivers is the best writer I've read. This is not formula fiction, it is a well-written novel with complex characters. It talks about family secrets, nursed grudges and how one person's willingness to love and forgive can change a lot of lives. I highly recommed it and if you want it, email me and I'll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats