Sunday, May 04, 2008

What I've Been 'Reading

My last entry was about why I read. Today I'm going to write about what I've been reading. I'm working my way through the Mitford books by Jan Karon. Thanks for the recommendation, Carrie. I'm really enjoying them. I read Where Willows Grow by Kim Vogel Sawyer. It is Christian fiction. It is about a couple who lives in Kansas during the Depression and what happens when he leaves home to seek work a few hours away. The book did a good job of showing how sin hurts others, even when you mean for it to do good. This is the second book I've read by this author and I'll look for more. Finally, I read a couple of Debbie Macomber romances. One was called Mail Order Marriages and was about a small town in Alaska. The owners of a bush pilot service hire some women to work in the community, but of course the job isn't the REAL reason they want the women there. The other was called That Summer Place and was about three different couples who met at a summer cottage on a Washington island. They are all on my bookmooch list now if you want them.

1 comment:

  1. You've been tagged!
    This one should be right up your alley ;^)
    http://barrels-of-monkeys.blogspot.com/2008/05/tagged.html

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats