Monday, September 21, 2009

Succeeding in High School: My Review



If you have a teen heading into the high school years, you and your teen may find Joseph Adegboyega-Edun's Succeeding in High School to be a handy pep talk, particularly if you aren't familiar with modern high schools. He describes generally what can be expected each year and gives very basic advice like study when you can, complete assignments and take classes that are challenging, but don't don't overload yourself.

I read this book as a parent who is in her fourth year of high school (and has "been to" three schools) so there really wasn't anything here that I didn't know. Perhaps I would have found the book more useful if I had read it before my son started high school. He does have a section on college admissions, but as a college graduate, it didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. For a parent who didn't go to college and doesn't know the drill, I think it gives a good outline of the procedure.

I'd like to thank the author for sending me a review copy of this book, and wish him the best with it. While it isn't the book for me, I think it does a good job of presenting useful information.

To Purchase from Amazon: Succeeding in High School: A Handbook for Teens and Parents plus A College Admissions Primer

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats