Saturday, April 26, 2014

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival


Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here. Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post. Click here to sign up.

Question of the Week: In what parish activities are you involved? (adapted from Faith)

My Answer:  I'm a lector and I serve on the parish school board.  I work several shifts at the parish fair.  Right now, that's it.  I've served as a catechist in the past, but my kids aren't in the program now and it is too much of a commitment at this point in my life.  I've been a Girl Scout leader but I've pulled back to "involved parent" this year to try to encourage my youngest to spread her wings without me.

I didn't write anything this week.  Easter was a mixture of bitter and sweet.  We had four out of town cousins come to my Dad's wake and funeral so Easter dinner and the egg hunt for the kids gave us time to catch up and tell stories.  We kept saying we need to do this some time when no funeral is involved.  The wake was Sunday night and Monday was the funeral, which as funerals go, I guess was nice.  

I've had a cold and with being out so much from work in the last few weeks, I've been snowed under there.  I is just going to take time to come up for air, and I"m trying to do that today.  Our parish fair is this weekend so there is no rest for the weary, but I did tell them I wouldn't be there today.  

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting, RAnn! I'm sorry you've had a cold; hope you feel better! Hot tea with honey and lemon is great for a cold. And of course.. some Jewish penicillin, AKA chicken soup.
    You'll notice that the name of my blog has changed; I've turned it into a club with a virtual clubhouse (with several rooms and even a doorway) http://semper-gaudete-door.blogspot.com/ (I will still blog about the things I've always blogged about. )
    Finding those backgrounds was work... and great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ran, being a lector is a very important position, I can't stand when a lector gets up to read and it is VERY obvious they didn't prepare.

    As for myself, I am a master catechist and teach the adult RCIA and this past year taught the second year confirmation class. Not easy..but love every moment of it!

    Easter blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers for you and your family continue..

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for the loss of your dad Ruth, and I hope you are feeling better very soon.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats