Sunday, January 31, 2016

It's Monday What Are You Reading

Book Date It's Monday

Hi!  Did everyone enjoy the first full weekend of carnival?  What?  Your town didn't have several parades on several different routes this weekend, with promise of more next weekend?  Yes, it's Carnival time here in New Orleans.  I was a party pooper and stayed home and read and blogged.  I also got some cooking done.  My husband collects doubloons--aluminum coins tossed from Mardi Gras floats so he spent most of the weekend on the parade route.  I like parades when the weather  is nice and we don't have to stay too long.  I may go next weekend one day, if it is warm.  

As I said, I spent the weekend blogging and reading, but the posts were for my financial planning blog and for a customer who is paying me to blog for his business.  The only book I got read was

I'll review it later this month, but I enjoyed it.  On my lunch hours I've been reading 


which so far is just a pretty basic personal finance book.  My NetGalley queue is getting longer and I need to get some read.  Maybe one of these will be up next:


Hope you have a good week.  


7 comments:

  1. The parades sound fun, but like you just a short while would be good for me too. All the best with your next choice of book. I did enjoy The Things We Keep and I am sure Sheila R will be a nice comforting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Promise of Forgiveness looks good. Enjoy your books!


    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Things We Keep...and I like the look of Home on Apple Blossom Road.

    I love New Orleans, although I've only visited via books and movies.

    Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Things We Keep is so, so good! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Carnival here in the frozen north, unfortunately. Parades sound pretty good... and warm weather. :) Enjoy your week- I've seen a lot of good reviews for The Things We Keep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If movie/tv depictions of Mardi Gras are anything like the real deal, I'll have to take a pass too. I get anxious just looking at the drunken hordes on tv! Enjoy your week, and your parade if you get out to any!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ENJOY all of your books.

    I read The Things We Keep...have some tissues handy.

    Happy Tuesday!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats