Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Review: White Christmas Pie

I've read a few of Wanda Brunstetter's Amish books and I'd say this is typical to slightly better than typical. Unlike most of her books, the main character in this book is a man. He was born "English" (non-Amish) and left by his father with an Amish couple when he was six years old, a short while after his mother died. Now he is engaged to be married but can't get over his feelings of abandonment, which of course affect his relationship with his fiancee. Their relationship is also affected by her relationship with an ex-boyfriend. The book also looks at his father's life since leaving him, and and the pain doing so has caused. If you enjoy Christian fiction about Amish folk, this book should suit you just fine.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:24 AM

    I've only read one of her books (for some reason our library doesn't carry them), but I enjoyed it more than the other Amish book author. (Can't even remember her name!) I'll keep looking at the library,

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats