Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Cookbook Review: Fine Cooking Cookies

Fine Cooking Cookies: 200 Favorite Recipes for Cookies, Brownies, Bars & More

About the Book:
Name your cookie! Shaped, drop, bar, roll and bake, or slice and bake, they all get professional treatment and triple testing from Fine Cooking magazine, the most trusted name in cooking. This fresh batch of more than 200 amazing recipes will inspire great baking. From classic favorites like snickerdoodles and chocolate chunk to more sophisticated treats like biscotti and fruit bars, there’s something for every occasion. Bakers will roll out these sweets for the holidays, for dessert, or just to fill up the cookie jar. Also includes Fine Cooking’s signature style of tips and secrets from the pros, step-by-step photos to help master techniques, ingredient profiles, and shortcuts. For anyone who wants to bake like the best,Fine Cooking Cookies has all the right ingredients.

My Comments:
If I'm going to play in the kitchen, I'm going to bake cookies.  I like them, my kids like them and I can make complicated recipes if I'm in that mood, or simple bars if I want a quick sweet treat.  This is a beautifully illustrated cookbook with a lot of recipes I'd like to try, but my NetGalley is just a temporary file, so I'll be content with drooling over the pictures--its better for my waistline anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats