Thursday, October 20, 2011

Review: The Snowman's Revenge


About the Book:
If you were left out in the cold snow all by yourself, would you be mad? Of course you would! Well, this snowman is out for revenge, especially after he sees those kids in the nice warm house, eating cookies and drinking hot chocolate! So, let's see what happens in this delightful story, nicely flowing with rhymed verse, beautifully illustrated and quite humorous indeed. So loveable, it's sure to be an instant favorite and a timeless classic with "kids" of all ages.

My Comments:
In my opinion good children's books should have attractive pictures, tell an interesting story and be fun to read.  The Snowman's Revenge wins on all three points.  As you can see above, the pictures are bright and colorful, and you can see more at the book's photo gallery.  The story of the snowman who gets mad when everyone else gets warm is cute, and though there is a little suspense that the tiniest people might find a little scary, everyone (except the snowman) lives happily ever after.  The book could be a good introduction to what snow is for southern kids like my daughter, who, at four, was surprised to find out that snow is cold and wet.  Finally, I love the way the book is written in verse,with rhythm and rhyme.  I don't know why, but I think books written that way are so much more fun to read aloud.

I'd like to thank Rebecca at Cadence Books for sending me a complimentary review copy.  My daughter would like to thank her too.  She also liked the book.  Grade:  B+

You can learn more about the book at the author's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats