Sunday, October 09, 2011

Monday Memes

This month Mailbox Monday is being hosted by Savy Verse and Wit.  She asks what books arrived in either snail mail or email.  This week I got only three:  Catherine: Inside the Heart and Mind of a Great Monarch (The Volga Flows Forever) and The Volga Germans (The Volga Flows Forever) are ebooks about the Volga Germans.  My grandmother was a Volga German so I was thrilled to be asked to review these.



















  This will tour the week of November 13.


It's Monday What Are You Reading is hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey.  She asks what we read last week, what we reviewed last week and what we plan to read this week.

It has been a slow reading week for me; too much real life going on.  I read
    and I'll review it this week.  

Reviewed this week:








14 comments:

  1. Nice selection! Happy Monday1
    Check out my mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to see the Christmas books starting to appear on mailbox lists.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the covers on the Volga Germans books...and I've been itching to read Home of Last Chance. Enjoy!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember doing a report on Catherine the Great in college and finding her fascinating. I saw that a new book was coming out on her and am going to have to look into it.

    Stop by my It's Monday post if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:54 AM

    Nice Mailbox, good reading ahead.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/10/mailbox-monday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sound like the perfect books for you! I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mailbox. I hope you enjoy your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always had an interest in the Volga Germans...had no idea anyone was writing fiction about them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice mix of books! enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of that trilogy before, but I love the covers of the two books that you showed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear you about too much real life going on. I only got one book finished last week. Nice selection of books this week and all new titles for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore the covers of those first two books -- so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your books

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want the cookie book! Yum!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats