Saturday, December 29, 2012

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival


Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here. Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post.  Click here to sign up.

I haven't blogged at all this week.  I could tell you that I've been overwhelmed with the holidays but that's just not true.  I guess I'm getting a little burned out.  I've been reading Kindle freebies and other such junk and have just had no desire to blog.  Hopefully I'll get out of the funk soon.  What about you?  Do you every get blogging dry spells?


11 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting, RAnn. Happy New Year.

    I wrote another post from my November European pilgrimage experience. If anyone reading has been to Fatima, please read my post and share your experience as well!

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. The manger business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting even though you didn't blog. I love my kindle freebies, btw!

    At The Well, we listned to Hodie Christus Natus Est and Good King Wenceslaus. I also blogged about a blogger who is facilitating the Patron Saint for 2013 devotion this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been in a slump.... still need to blog Christmas and John's bday

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, thanks for hostiing, RAnn.

    I can't tell you how much I've missed blogging and being part Sunday Snippets! I am so glad that I have a month off of classes so I can get caught up with everyone's posts. :)

    My one blog is a book review of a sweet Christmas book called Candy Canes in Bethlehem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:31 AM

    Thank-you for your generous spirit and for your faithful hosting,RAnn. Happy New Year.

    Two posts about Christmas highs and Christmas lows. And an uplifting post about a my experience in a neonatal unit that fights for the life of the unborn.

    Nine Kids= A Magical Christmas
    No, You Are Not Alone
    Protecting Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting, RAnn!
    I understand about blogging slumps and funks. There are times when I've regretted having committed to blog every day; I may remove that commitment from my blog.
    Maybe it's time for me to go for more quality and less quantity; no more blogging just for the sake of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely have blogging slumps. It's one of the down sides to reviewing, I think. I love reading, I love getting review copies, but I sometimes hate the obligations and scheduled reviews that come with it. I think there are a lot of books that I would have enjoyed more, if I didn't have to read them on a deadline.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you RAnn for hosting us even though you've not blogged this past week. Sometimes, we need a break. I have taken a couple of months of myself. It's good to refresh ourselves and then return. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely understand writing slumps and what I call my "blogger's block" that hits now and then. I can only imagine the pressure you must sometimes feel if you're on a timetable for book reviews! I don't have that to deal with, but do find that a break can help me come back "refreshed."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you RAnn and Merry Christmas to all.
    Hooray for dry spells; they make me grateful for all other days.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats