Saturday, June 28, 2014

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival


Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here. Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to postClick here to sign up.

Our question of the week this week is "Tell us about your pastor'.  My pastor is Fr. Mike.  He is in his mid-50's and has been a priest for about 10 years and our pastor for almost three.  He grew up in a broken home and unlike many people in this area, went to public school.  His coach took him under his wing, and Fr. said that Coach often took the kids to Mass before a game.  After graduating from high school Fr. attended LSU for a while, joined the military for a while and lived in another state for a while.  He was a graphic artist and didn't go to church.  He was still in touch with his coach, and when he moved back to Louisiana, his coach convinced him to attend a Cursillo weekend.  While there, he had a conversion experience.  He started attending Mass and going to Eucharistic Adoration.  He became involved in his parish.  Then in adoration one day he heard God calling him to the priesthood.  

Fr. Mike isn't the most outgoing or gregarious pastor I've ever seen but he is at most events in the parish or the school.  Today a bunch of kids from my daughter's class were washing cars in the parking lot to raise money for the son of one of the teachers who is being treated at St. Jude's this summer and one of the cars they washed was his.  I think most people in the parish think we are lucky to have him.

No Catholic books this week for me.  I am giving away a general market romance, and I reviewed a "chick lit" book.  

3 comments:

  1. My pastor was raised Southern Baptist, became an atheist, then became Catholic. Many will will know of him indirectly via this old news: http://www.catholic.org/news/politics/story.php?id=30692

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting, RAnn.
    Most of my posts this week are news articles about Meriam Ibrahim.
    Other posts include great news about Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen, a video of the Corpus Christi Mass and Procession from EWTN, a very cute magnet I've ordered for my collection, and, of course, my book list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for hosting, RAnn. :)

    This week I've posted my weekly goals, a post on the Sacred Heart, and a book review of "Journal of a Soul." I also tried my hand on making a couple videos for my site and answered the question of the week.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats