Friday, December 12, 2014

Autographed and Tied with a Bow

What?  You want it autographed and wrapped in a bow?  I've heard that said as a not-so-nice remark when someone gave someone else something that the recipient didn't really want.  Well, I want books but I had to smile today when I got one that was autographed and tied with a bow.  Thanks to the author, Maura Poston Zagrans.  As a paralegal who does criminal defense work, I'm looking forward to reading Camerado, I Give You My Hand.  




About the Book:
For many years Dr. David T. Link helped young men and women prepare to become lawyers. After his wife died, and at a time in his life when most people retire, Dr. Link felt called to serve the Church and to aid the men that his profession normally put behind bars, ministering healing and forgiveness to murderers, thieves, and what many would call the least of society. 

This is a book about the value of human life, and about the transformative power of friendship and compassion. Meeting Father Dave gives us hope that one person can make a difference and, through successive reinterpretations of his own life's purpose, he makes the case for adding our own unique gifts to help the least of these, our brothers and sisters from all walks of life.

"Song of the Open Road" by Walt Whitman

Camerado, I give you my hand! 
I give you my love more precious than money, 
I give you myself before preaching or law; 
Will you give me yourself? will you come travel with me? 
Shall we stick by each other as long as we live?

1 comment:

  1. Good book; I read this one and then shared with a friend

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats