Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall Festival Recipe Exchange


Amy, of My Friend Amy is hosting a Fall Festival Recipe Exchange, so if you think that book bloggers spend all their time reading and none cooking, stop by and see what all us book worms do cook.

I'd like to share a recipe for a very simple Blueberry Dessert.

Ingredients:
1 wrapper of graham crackers
1/4 cup sugar
1 stick butter or margarine

Pre-heat oven to 350. Melt butter in bottom of an 8x8 inch pan (double all quantities in a 13X9 pan--an easy thing to do is just to put the pan in the oven while it preheats. While butter is melting, crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs and mix with sugar. Once butter is melted, mix in crumbs and pat in bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. (or do the really simple thing and buy a pre-made graham cracker pie crust).

While crust is baking, whip 1/2 pint of heavy cream. Add in 8 oz of cream cheese (regular or low fat, it doesn't matter) and 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Again double quantities for 13X9 pan. When crust is cool (I usually take it from oven to the freezer for a few minutes) pour cream mixture over the crust. Over the cream mixture pour One can of Blueberry Pie Filling. Freeze for at least 3 hours. If you freeze it overnight, let it sit out for an hour or so before serving.

5 comments:

  1. I think this sounds really really good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been years since I've had this dessert. Thanks for reminding me. Don't you just love anything with cream cheese in it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet my dad would love this--he is a big fan of the blueberries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummers.. it sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good and easy enough for me to manage.[Our Lord did not bless me with great skill in the kitchen;) ]

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats