Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My Review: A Cedar Cove Christmas


I decided more fluff was in order tonight so I pulled A Cedar Cove Christmas off the stack of books I got from Bookmooch. I read the 279 page book in less than three hours. If you are a fan of Macomber's Cedar Cove books, or if you are searching for a quick easy heartwarming read, you will probably like this one. If you are looking for a substantial book with complex characters or novel situations, well, try something else.

The main character in this book is Mary Jo, an unwed mother-to-be. She was impregnated by David, the son of Ben Rhodes, Charlotte's husband (if those names mean nothing to you, don't worry, you can understand this book just fine without knowing the backstory, but Cedar Cove fans "know" the people I've named. David is a scoundrel who at first said he'd marry her, but has become increasingly hard to find. He told her he'd be spending Christmas in Cedar Cove, so she goes there to find him before the three Wyse men (her brothers) find him and "encourage" him to do something she has now decided she doesn't want him to do (marry her). By the time she realizes David isn't there, it is nightfall, and there is no room at an inn, so Grace Harding invites her to stay at the ranch with her and Cliff, in an apartment in the barn.

The story is sweet, most of our friends make a brief appearance, some for no apparent reason, but I can't say that this book was any different than I expected when I mooched it.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats