Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Letters to Rosy


I recently read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and loved it. When offered a free review copy of Letters to Rosy, which was described as

a story told in epistolary style using the exchange of letters between two elderly lady friends to uncover a compelling story of romance, mystery, crime, and adventure that concludes with a surprise ending no reader would ever figure out in advance. It is a gripping novel of twists and turns, leaving the reader in suspense about the many events surrounding its characters: the disappearance of Sasha, the insanity of Marsha, Ken's destructive nature, and Mendy's abduction and rape while her husband, Trevor, is having an affair with a red-headed beauty.

I thought it was a book I might enjoy. Unfortunately I was wrong. I read about sixty pages of the book and found the writing to be poor, the layout amateurish and the story, what I've read of it, to be far-fetched. If you've read it and disagree, please leave a comment telling us what you liked about the book--or leave us a link to your review.

The author has an attractive website on which you can read an excerpt of the book.
A video trailer is also available.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats