Monday, November 02, 2009

Can God Be Trusted?

Trusting God is one of those things that gives me trouble, which is probably why reading this book is taking me a while, even though it is barely over 200 pages. It is funny though, how God talks to you sometimes. Last night I sent emails to those who won. I got this reply (which I have permission to print, and which I've edited to remove personal details). It touched me, and I'd like to share it with you.

Thank you, RAnn. I just returned from a rosary for a friend who was killed instantly in a car accident. He was hit by a guy driving the wrong way on a one way access road with a suspended license and supposedly the driver who hit our friend is a 25 yo heroin addict. The driver who hit our friend supposedly was stopped by the police 2 hrs before the accident for driving 15 miles over the speed limit. For some reason, he was let go after he got stopped 2 hrs before the accident happened. Tomorrow is our friend's funeral. The man killed converted to Catholicism a few years ago, and was baptized. So, if that is the silver lining in the whole thing. I think I need the book that I just won so thank you!


I guess I'm not the only one who needs to be reminded that God can be trusted, and that we don't see the whole picture like He does. So, readers, say a prayer for your fellow reader and for the repose of the soul of her friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats