Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

Hi, and welcome to another edition of Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of bloggers who gather once each week to share out best posts. We are all Catholic and blog at least somewhat about Catholic things; some do so exclusively, others only periodically. All are welcome to participate here.

To join in the fun, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In that post describe and link to any posts you want to share with the rest of us. Also put in a link to this post. Then come back here, and sign Mr. Linky and give us a link to your post. Finally, go visit other people's posts, and leave comments! Some folks who don't post often have asked if they could, rather than creating a special "Sunday Snippets" post, just link their original post to Mr. Linky. That's ok, if your original post includes a link back here; since the idea is to share our posts and readers with each other. Encourage your readers to join us too.

If you want a weekly reminder to post, please subscribe to our yahoogroup.

I've cut back on my blogging and reading, well, because life has been too busy. However, I took part in the Faith n Fiction Saturday meme where we discussed recommending Christian fiction to those who aren't Christian, or who don't read Christian fiction. I read and reviewed a romance novel, It Happened One Night, and I'm giving away five copies of it. I showed off my cute kid in a finger-puppet review. I also did a review of a memoir of a man born and raised in Pakistan.

What did you write about this week? Leave us a link, and don't forget, you should have a link to this post in the post that links here.



8 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting! It's been a crazy week with a child with an ear infection, doc appts, meetings and a funeral. So I only have one to share this week, but it's a doozy--on "wives, submit to your husbands." Hope you'll come on by and add your two cents. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for hosting this week, RAnn. We appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks RAnn for hosting! Just my usual Gospel reflection, but it is a bit off this week as I didn't write it with the feast of Christ the King in mind, so didn't focus on that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I was just invited to this and it looks awesome! Thanks for letting me join in the fun. I linked to a recent post of mine that I'd love for people to leave their comments and prayer requests on. Thanks! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to our hostess, RAnn!
    ==========
    This week on Sunday Snippets WBN presents: Catholic All Over - A Geographic Spread.

    We know that the word Catholic means universal, so it's no surprise to find Catholic goings-on all over.

    * First stop: check the map. What's the difference between a heretic and a politician? Sometimes it can be hard to tell.
    * Next -- Go West old fart. Two aging Texas Rangers try to figure out the differences between love and responsibility in A Little Lonesome Dove.
    * Back East, Catholics in D.C. defend the ancient faith from the encroachment on conscience and traditional marriage.
    * In the Old World, the aggressively secular EU insist on electing a Catholic as their first President. Perversity or Providence?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for inviting me to participate, RAnn!

    I'm linking to a post about what it means to be Catholic and am focusing on a letter written by Bishop Tobin to Congressman Kennedy. I think all Catholics can benefit from reading the letter as though it were addressed to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks RAnn for your invite to this site; but I'm not sure what might constitute a favorite from my sight. I have no preferences, as the one called Why I Write explains.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats