Saturday, November 28, 2009

Supreme Courtship

Have you ever bought or otherwise acquired a book that looked good; a book that was getting rave reviews, and then let it sit in your TBR stack, and sit, and sit....and everytime you thought you'd pick it up, it just didn't appeal to you at all, so you put it back in the stack and grabbed the next one that did appeal to you? Well, that's what happened to me with Supreme Courtship I can't even tell you that I didn't like it, that it really wasn't as good as everyone said it was. I can't tell you what is or isn't wrong with the book because I haven't read it and right now, I don't want to read it--so how's that for an attitude problem, especially since the folks at Hachette were nice enough to send me a free review copy. The least I could do is review it, right? Frankly, it has been quite some time since my student days, but I'm sure I could spin some sort of book review based on what I've read on other blogs, and no one would be the wiser, but I'd rather be honest with you.

In deference to the folks at Hachette, I will link you to several reviews of Supreme Courtship and I suggest you use them to decide whether this is the book for you. Mostly Fiction Book Reviews. Lucky Rosies The Bookshelf Pudgy Penguin Perusals Hodgepodgespv Running Away Jeanne's Ramblings

Question: If you are a blogger, what do you do when you get a book for review that, after you have it, you just don't want to read?

1 comment:

  1. That is a good question!
    I will be interested to see what others say... because I am not sure. I have a few lingering here that I look at and wonder what I was thinking when I requested it. I keep them...hoping at some point that they might appeal to me. I haven't given up on them...yet, so I figure I have not made any decision yet.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats