Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Outer Banks: My Review

Outer BanksOuter Banks is my latest read.  It showed up in my discard box outside my office.  I guess (well actually I know) that some other folks liked my idea of giving away books, and throw theirs in there.  Since I enjoyed Off Season last summer, I thought I'd grab this one.

Like Off Season, the water/beach is important to this story.  Outer Banks is the story of four college sorority sisters.  It tells both the story of their college days in the early 1960's and of their reunion in the present day. We see the promise of youth, and the reality of adulthood; and what happens when reality never comes.

As I noted in my review of Off Season, Siddons is a better than average wordsmith, and while this is a story about women, it isn't your typical "all sweetness and light" novel.

Grade: B+

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a good one.
    I should get lots of reading done next week; I'm working security for Wizard

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats