Sunday, April 04, 2010

Stealing Lumby

Stealing Lumby

I guess the folks at FSB liked my review of The Lumby Lines because after it was published they offered me review copies of the other books in the series.  Stealing Lumby is the second book.  While some of the backstory from The Lumby Lines helped, and added depth to Stealing Lumby, I think it would work as a stand-alone.  

Set in Lumby, a small Northwestern town, Stealing Lumby revolves around two thefts--the theft of a famous painting of some barns in Lumby, and the theft of one of the barns.  In some ways it is a cozy mystery--I don't think I ever doubted that they'd figure out who dunnit, and I wasn't a bit surprised to learn who the perpetrators were.  As with The Lumby Lines, it is really more a story about the characters than anything else.    There are hints about one character in particular, and things she may not want revealed, but those things aren't revealed in this book--maybe in a later one we'll learn why everyone is so protective.  There are a couple of more we learn a bit more about, but though I enjoyed the book, for characters I've read over 600 pages about, I still don't feel I know them as well as I could.  

If you'd like a chance to read all the Lumby books, check out Bingo's giveaway--or you could click the Amazon links, buy the books, and give me a small commission.  

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats