Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

It is that glorious season known as spring here in New Orleans.  It lasts for a month or so--after the cold is gone and before the real heat starts.  It is perfect weather for sitting on the patio with a good book,so guess what I've been doing?

I'd like to share some of my reads with you.  I enjoyed Dogwood, about the victims of an auto accident, but didn't like the ending. I absolutely loved, and definitely recommend Love Mercy.   The author, Lisa Samson, was baptized Catholic and remained Catholic at least long enough to make her first communion.  She then became a Protestant.  She is a novelist who writes Christian fiction and I've reviewed quite a few of her books. She recently reverted to Catholicism.  Love Mercy is partly the story of her spiritual journey and partly the story of a trip she and her daughter took to Swaziland.  I've got some more book reviews this week, and a children's book meme so have a look around while you are here.


What did you write about this week?  To participate in Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival, go to your blog and create a post entitled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic carnival, and in it highlight one or more of  your posts from this week, including link(s) to the post(s).  In that post, also include a link to this post.  Then come back here and sign Mr. Linky, giving a link to your post.

If you'd like a reminder to post weekly, subscribe to our yahoogroup.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting me to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met two great people last week AND read some interesting Blogs. THANK YOU. Please check out Pray It Off and pass it on to those who are struggling with weight issues. THANKS AGAIN, Ellen (Pray It Off)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again, RAnn. I so love meeting new people through the Sunday Snippets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:29 PM

    Ditto on the thanks! I'm glad I got the invitation to participate in this. A great opportunity for beginning bloggers like me!

    Have a blessed Easter season!

    Evan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks RAnn; you always come up with such interesting books!
    ==================

    This week on Sunday Snippets, WBN presents: Indulge Me -- how to get 4 indulgences in a weekend and a fabulous anniversary to boot.

    * Signs and Symbols: Pelicans
    * Grotto Me This
    * Pope Says Drink Beer
    * WBN Nominated For Cannonball Catholic Blog Awards

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi RAnn and All,
    This sounds like fun worth having, so I'm jumping in with a couple of poems.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats