Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

With spring comes a wonderful New Orleans tradition--the church fair. Today I spent two hours doling out tickets and armbands for the rides at ours. Original predictions were for the weather to be bad this weekend, but we've dodged the bullet and it looks like we'll do well. However I'd like to ask everyone to pray for the folks around Yazoo City Mississippi and other parts of the south which were hit by tornadoes today. Deaths have been reported and of course, property damage.

I'm starting to get back to book blogging and this week I reviewed Encounter with Mercy, a book about confession. I'd also invite you to read my interview with Dr. Elaine Whitty about the Black-White achievement gap in our schools. I have a couple of other book reviews so feel free to poke around while you are here.

What did you blog about this week? To participate in Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival, please create a post highlighting your posts this week. In it, link back here. Then sign Mr Linky below with a link to your Sunday Snippets post.

If you'd like a weekly reminder to post, please join our yahoogroup.

It was late last night when I wrote this post, and I forgot Mr. Linky. Here he is:

9 comments:

  1. Hello RAnn, thanks for hosting! Is there no Mr Linky this week?

    This is my link anyway.
    God Bless,
    Luuk Dominiek OP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have good memories of our church fair when I was a kid. We used to go during school.

    Here is my link to the carnival at Dymphna's Well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting Ruth. Here is my offering this week:

    My Domestic Church

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a pleasure to participate weekly in the Sunday Snippets - thank you! Ellen (Pray it Off - Catholic Weight Loss)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:39 PM

    Thanks again for providing this forum. Have a blessed Sunday!

    Evan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting RAnn. Our prayers go out to all those affected by the tornadoes.
    ========================

    This Week on Sunday Snippets, WBN presents Elements of Catholic Living: Prayer, Music, Virtues.

    * Novena For the Holy Father
    * Stay On Target - Quest for Truth
    * Indulging Is Easy - What they are, how to get 'em
    * Dear Dorothy - Music from Greg Walton
    * The Virtues: Drop Dead and Other Age-appropriate Things
    * Pontifical High Mass

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen any church fairs around here but it sounds like fun. Maybe it's a regional thing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,

    Thanks for the invite to share posts. Sounds like an interesting format to support catholic blogs!
    Please check out http://theextrapolatingmind.blogspot.com

    Its catholic, pro-life, articles on food & wine and other items.

    Cheers, and may God bless!

    The Extrapolating Mind

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi and thank you,
    I haven't quite got the hang of this yet but I'm trying. Blessings on your head.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats