Saturday, November 03, 2012

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival


Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here. Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post.  Click here to sign up. 

This week I only had two posts.  I reviewed a Christian novel dealing with adoption and a Christmas romance anthology.  

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting, RAnn!
    This week I blogged about staying with family; I shared an appeal from Priests For Life (Sandy hit them really hard); I posted a reminder, and, of course, I shared my weekly book list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi All and thank you so much RAnn for hosting. I always forget to tell you how much I enjoy looking in on everyone during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:00 PM

    Thank-you. I wrote about:
    The Mystery of Suffering (a parable)
    Unless you Become Like Little Children

    The only reason I type melanie JEAN Juneau is for google clarity because there is a Melanie Birthing Centre in Juneau Alaska!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week my heart has been with the victims of "Sandy," and my posts reflect that. But today I thought about an even more dreadful storm that has been over us for so many years, and I found a quote from Blessed John Paul II that struck me about that. Thank you so much for this place to share, RAnn - I look forward to seeing what has been on everyone's heart this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a lovely parlor to gather in each week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, RAnn! I'm sorry I haven't been around for some time. I started working again in February and my time for both writing and reading fell off dramatically. Thanks for hosting!

    The last couple of weeks, I've been concerned mainly with the "war on women" meme, although I did recycle a post from last year on how trolls and snarky commenters create a kind of perverse temptation to the sin of Pride. The one I linked to, though, is "The elephant in the wage-gap room". There is a real problem beneath the male-female "wage gap" ... but it's NOT unequal pay for equal work; equal pay, surprisingly, is virtually here already. What is the real problem? Come find out!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats