Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

I love summer.  The pace slows, the pool is open and it isn't cold!  My favorite place to read is on my back porch--being in the shade it isn't usually overly hot, and since it is outside the air conditioning isn't freezing me out.  I also don't have to listen to the tv.  I've managed to read and blog quite a bit this week and I invite you to look around since you are here.  I'd like to call your attention to a book that promotes Catholicism and Catholic values:  Offerings:  A Love Story.  Also, I share a "failing" common to many moms--I think my kids are adorable and just know you will too.  Here is what my youngest had to say about a play.

What did you write about this week?  Go to your blog and create a post called Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival and in it highlight one or more of your posts for the week.  Include a link back here.  Then sign Mr. Linky with a link to your post.  If you'd like a weekly reminder to post, join our yahoogroup.

8 comments:

  1. How deep is your faith in the Risen Lord? Would you risk job and family for His Holy Name? This woman did, as do many around the world daily. I know you'll pray for these courageous souls to persevere in the face of physical danger and spiritual isolation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story sounds interesting. So noble that he wanted to help her out by marrying her. But it does seem incomplete that the author didn't explain why. I would've been very interested in that part as well.

    Lol, thanks for the cute anecdote about your 6 yo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I linked to an older post about how Mother Teresa influenced me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks RAnn,
    I tried to write two reflections on Gods presence in my/our lives. Not sure if it worked through...

    God Bless,
    Luuk Dominiek OP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Posts this week include Dante, Purgatory, friendship, and a priest in South Carolina speaking the truth about Sec. of State Clinton's attempts to change freedom of religion. Whew! Thank, RAnn, for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First time here! How exciting! I look forward to reading your blogs!
    I was silly and posted MY name and not the name of my blog! It is Deep in the Heart, and is usually just my reflections on life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi RAnn. Thanks for hosting this. I really like to read what other Catholic bloggers have to say. And did I tell you I like your new theme and colors?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This week on Sunday Snippets, WBN presents: Weddings and other Chaos.

    The past two weeks were dominated by my sister's wedding. Here follows some highlights from the preparation, trip, and event.

    * Recollection in Life's Station
    * Dona Nobis Pacem: Give Us a Break
    * Hitched
    * Vacations are not relaxing

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats