Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sunday Snipppets--A Catholic Carnival

Folks have been telling me I need to get a graphic for Sunday Snippets.  Last week we were in St. Louis and went to mass at the Cathedral Basilica, which was covered with beautiful mosaics, which are made of snippets of stone, so....here is my graphic.

You can read about our trip and see some more of my photos.

While on vacation I was able to read an excellent book.

I have two giveaways going now, one for a tasty snack and the other for something to make a nursing mom's life easier.

Last week I had only a laptop with a lousy keyboard and no mouse so I didn't tell you about my posts for that week.  I invite you to take a look at a children's book review.  Finally, I really think you'd like this prayer book.   

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival is a weekly opportunity for Catholic bloggers to share their best posts with each other.  To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled "Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival".  In in, highlight your posts for the week as I have above, with links.  Then leave a link to this post.  Finally, come back here and leave a link to your post.  If you'd like a weekly reminder to post, join our yahoo group.  


7 comments:

  1. Love the graphic because I love mosaics -- so clever. My piece is a book review of sorts, or more of a cultural application of "Come Rack! Come Rope!" Thanks for hosting once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a graphic for Sunday Snippets from a picture my son took of our Immaculate Heart of Mary statue. Yours looks beautiful.

    I tagged you with a Favorite Prayer meme, RAnn. Stop by my blog and take a look if you want to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. RAnn - like the graphic, I'm using it!
    ========================

    This week on Sunday Snippets, WBN presents: Real Life Noir.

    * Vertigo: Real Life Noir Part 1
    * Vertigo: Real Life Noir Part 2
    * Truth Challenged
    * Mind The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the beginning I took "snippets" literally and used a graphic of scissors cutting paper as my logo. I don't participate in many memes, but I have a logo for the ones I do take part in, mainly for my readers to recognize the meme quickly and also to save me from hunting for a graphic that day to include in a post. I think of the graphic as an anchor. It signals keeping close to a topic and not drifting far away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RAnn, nice logo! Three posts for me this week two lighter ones on do-it-yourself projects and reading on the i-Phone, and a serious piece about the rights of Christian schools and homosexual employees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to the St. Louis Basilica a couple of years ago and thought the mosaics were just incredible. I would love to revisit it someday...with a better camera.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I generally love mosaics but this one reminds me of something I've seen in an old children's hand missal. In some way, "naive." Says "Precious Moments," at least to me. Ah, well.

    But, so, a suggestion for this image/logo - add it to Sunday Snippets profile at Yahoo! Groups. At least for those of us who are in so many groups there, a picture is easier to interpret than scanning all the group titles.

    And I suggested a while back people add a link to join the Yahoo! Group in their blog's sidebar. Are folks doing this? It's very easy to do ... maybe even use this logo for the link.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats