Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Currant Creek Valley: My Review


About the Book:
Alexandra McKnight prefers a life of long workdays and short-term relationships, and she's found it in Hope's Crossing. A sous chef at the local ski resort, she's just been offered her dream job at an exclusive new restaurant being built in town. But when it comes to designing the kitchen, Alex finds herself getting up close and personal with construction foreman Sam Delgado.... 

At first glance, Sam seems perfect for Alex. He's big, tough, gorgeous-and only in town for a few weeks. But when Sam suddenly moves into a house down the road, Alex suspects that the devoted single father of a six-year-old boy wants more from her than she's willing to give. Now it's up to Sam to help Alex see that, no matter what happened in her past, together they can build something more meaningful in Hope's Crossing.

My Comments:
Like RaeAnne Thayne's other Hope's Crossing books, this is a sweet clean romance.  As noted above, Alex has something in her past that keeps her from love today.  Sam is almost too good to be true, but does show flashes of humanity.  Favorite characters from other books make appearances, but not to the extent that this book would be hard to follow without reading the others first.  In short, I recommend Currant Creek Valley as a pleasant afternoon read.

I'd like to thank the publisher for making a review copy available via NetGalley.  Grade:  B.

Other RaeAnne Thayne Books I've Reviewed:


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That book cover is so cute! I have never heard of this author. I will have to check it out. It sound like something I might like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:14 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats