Friday, May 16, 2014

Inn at Last Chance

Inn at Last Chance

About the Book:
Jenny Carpenter is the unrivaled pie-baking champion of Last Chance, South Carolina's annual Watermelon Festival and the town's unofficial spinster. With her dream of marriage and children on hold, she focuses on another dream, turning the local haunted house into a charming bed-and-breakfast. But her plans go off course when the home's former owner shows up on her doorstep on a dark and stormy night . . .

Mega-bestselling horror writer Gabriel Raintree is as mysterious and tortured as his heroes. His family's long-deserted mansion is just the inspiration he needs to finish his latest twisted tale, or so he thinks until he learns it's been sold. The new innkeeper proves to be as determined as she is kind, and soon Gabriel finds himself a paying guest in his own home. As Jenny and Gabe bring new passion to the old house, can she convince him to leave the ghosts of his past behind-and make Last Chance their first choice for a future together?

My Comments:
While I enjoyed this book, I'd say it was my least favorite of the series.  While I've said the other Last Chance books seemed like a cross between Christian fiction and trashy romance, this one was a cross between a ghost story and a romance, and I'm just not a fan of ghost stories.  Also, I found the climax/resolution scenes to be very unlikely.  Still, for a fan of the series it was a fun visit to a charming town.  

Thanks to the publisher for providing a review copy via NetGalley.  Grade:  B-

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats