Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival


Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here. Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post. Click here to sign up.

Question of the Week: Next week is Mother's Day.    
 Today is the anniversary of my First Holy Communion (it is also my son's birthday).  Tell us any memories you have of your First Holy Communion (and share photos if you'd like).  Or tell us about your kids' First Communions.

These are pictures of my youngest on her First Communion day.  She's wearing my veil.  This day as also my Dad's last solo trip to New Orleans; this was in May, by October he had given up driving.  



I'm starting to get back into the reading habit; writing reviews is next on the list.  I did publish one this week:  A Perfect Spring. 


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting, RAnn!
    This week, I have the latest addition to my Rosary Art Collection,
    some disturbing news about Harvard, an old clipping with a connection to my family history, and, of course, my book list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a quick update: I've removed all club references on my blog; it is now back to being just a blog. I have, however, kept the pages or "rooms" I had added.

      Delete
  2. Wow, my First Communion....I was so fired-up about it, and knew what needed to know about it, that the nuns at my school ok'd me doing it on my 7th birthday, July 5, the summer after first grade. I just went up with my parents at Mass. Afterward they and my godparents/ grandparents walked with me to a restaurant near City Hall for breakfast. It was where the lawyers ate during the week...very exciting. A family friend gave me a plaster statue of St. Joseph, which still stands on my bookshelf as I write this nearly 50 years later. RAnn, this was at St. Francis de Sales before it was a co-cathederal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting. This is a rather sparse week writing-wise for me, Lovely pictures and blessed memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ABORTION?


    Are unborn humans, babies or just unidentified blobs of matter?

    Genesis 25:21-22 Isaac prayed to the Lord on behalf of his wife, because she was barren; and the Lord answered him and Rebekah his wife conceived. 22 But the children struggled together within her......

    They were called children. They were not fetuses or blobs of matter.

    Luke 1:41,44 When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb.....44....the baby leaped in my womb for joy.

    John The Baptist leaped for joy. There was no non-human fetus leaping for joy inside the womb of Elizabeth.

    The unborn, are babies. There is never a valid reason for killing unborn babies.
    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http//:steve-finnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy first communion day to your youngest! What an exciting day for your whole family :)

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats