Saturday, May 03, 2014

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival


Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here. Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post. Click here to sign up.


Question of the Week: Next week is Mother's Day.  Share a story about your Mom.  


My mom was not a swimmer; in fact, I'm sure she didn't like the water at all.  However, she was a good mom and made sure all her five kids got plenty of pool and beach time.  She also was a willing volunteer for just about anything.  One year she had the four of us in swimming lessons at the base pool.  Now, this was a large pool and there were LOTS of kids.  The beginning swimming class was divided into 10 stations, each of which had a couple of skills to master.  The stations were staffed by volunteers both in the water and on the deck.  The lifeguards kept a general eye on things and tested the kids to see if they were ready to move up a station.  One day the mom who was supposed to teach the station about how to move your arms didn't show.  My mom was the only deck mom who had her suit with her so she, who couldn't swim at all, was there teaching these kids how to swim--and they learned.


This week I posted about Defy the Night, a book about Vichy France during WWII.




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting week after week, RAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great story. I meant to join up this week but I didn't think to check the site, just kept waiting for an email...and now I think it's too late! Next week. Next week for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi RAnn! Nice to meet you! I come across very few catholic blogs in my travels around the web. I miss my mom! She transferred to the house Jesus built for her in February, and although I know she is where she longed to be while she was with us, it is still difficult to believe I can't talk to her anytime I want to! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats