Monday, November 03, 2008

Advice to the Lovelorn

Blessed Are the Meddlers: Confessions of a Serial Matchmaker Blessed Are the Meddlers: Confessions of a Serial Matchmaker by Christa Ann Banister


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
This was a fun book; every now and then the author would throw in a little spiritual stuff, but this book wasn't the least bit serious. It is about a newlywed from Minneapolis who likes to fix up her friends--and they like her to do it. She also ends up writing a newspaper column giving relationship advice.



I've read a couple of books recently that seemed to be aimed at a young audience--the characters in this book are pretty much all young single adults in their twenties (closer to my kids' age than mine)and the writing style seemed the same--short and choppy. Not only were the chapters divided up into sections on each character but the chapters themselves seemed choppy, almost like they were IM'd rather than written out. I don't mean they used C U L8tr type language or even bad grammar but just somehow the writing didn't flow smoothly. I don't know if that was done on purpose or not.






View all my reviews.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your review. I added a link to your review in my post.

    :) Wendi

    Mine is posted here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a nice blog..Men and women both have particular things they need out of a relationship, and if they don't get them the relationship is very unlikely to succeed. Your partner probably broke up with you because one or more of these needs weren't being met, and if you can identify them and how to address them it'll be far easier to get your ex back and what's more...keep the relationship going.
    ---
    Magic of Making up

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats