Monday, November 24, 2008

I Got an Award!



Carrie gave me the Premio Dardos award, and as many of these bloggy awards do, it comes with strings attached. Not only do I have to thank Carrie, author of Quite the Normal Life, who not only writes about her family in Normal IL, but also about book she reads, but I have to pass the award on to fifteen other bloggers. I’m supposed to name them here, and tell why they qualify for the Premio Dardos award. What is the Premio Dardos?


The award says:This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his/her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary and personal values every day.The rules to follow are :1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person that has granted the award and his or her blog link.2) Pass the award to other 15 blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment. Remember to contact each of them to let them know they have been chosen for this award.


Well, Carrie already awarded many of the folks I would have chosen, especially Renee’, who reads and reviews many of the same books I do and Janette whose values mirror mine, even if her politics do not. Of course I would have given the award to Carrie if she hadn’t given it to me first. I too like Judy’s blog and keeping up with Caroline and her growing family and Michelle and her children.


Lately I’ve been reading a lot of book blogs, so I’ll pass this award to some of my fellow First Wildcard folks. Mimi at Mimi’s Pixie Corner runs First Wildcard, which is an alliance of bloggers who blog about Christian books. Amy is one of my favorite book bloggers and she runs Faith n Fiction Saturdays. Bibliophile’s Retreat is great too. Jennifer at Quiverfull Family started a Christian Book Review Carnival, hats off to her. I also enjoy Ms. B’s Book Reviews.


I’ve become a semi-regular participant in the Catholic Carnival, where I’ve enjoyed reading people like this weeks hostess, Sarah who, among other things, blogs about books. Ebeth is another frequent hostess, and I enjoy her political posts as well as her religious ones. I’m going to award Dante Explorer because basing a blog on one literary work is a concept I’ve never seen before.


I don't know where I ran into Catholic Cuisine, but it made it onto my sidebar. What better way to celebrate the liturgical year than with food?


Finally, I’d like to recognize some new bloggers. I figure that anyone who submits her blog to a directory like Catholic Blogs probably wants to attract readers--and they probably haven’t been “blessed” by getting too many of these awards! A couple of new ones you may enjoy are Beautiful Chaos, by a Catholic mom and photographer from Houston Tx A Catholic Cappuccino is a little on the political side, but makes some good points. La Bella Vita! Makes me hungry just to read! Okie Booklady is another Catholic book blogger--and I like that! . Witnessing Hope is by a Catholic lay missionary in Honduras. Praising Our Lady is beautiful and dedicated to the best Lady of them all.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the honor of this award RAnn I will post my nominees tomorrow after I can come up with 15 - yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this looks like something I'll have to work on during the Thanksgiving holiday. I'll let you know when it is posted!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the award. You are very sweet.

    And thank you for all those links! Goodness! I've been trying to CUT BACK on blogs, but I think you're going to hook me on some new ones...such a HARD THING! :) (Not!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the award, as well as for linking to Catholic Cuisine! That is very kind of you, and I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying our blog! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi RAnn! I really appreciate the honor of getting a blog award. This will be my first and I am very grateful! I look forward to sharing book recommendations and reviews now that I know you're a fellow Catholic reading mom. ☺

    God bless and thank you again.

    All the best, booklady

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award, Rann! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. We don't spend too much time on the computer on mission!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats