Sunday, January 09, 2011

Review: A Place of Peace

A Place of Peace (Kauffman Amish Bakery Series #3)


I've given mediocre reviews to the first two books in this series, (though I couldn't have hated them too much  because I grabbed this one off the new book shelf at the library and didn't put it back when I saw she wrote it) but I think Clipston has matured as a writer.  While no literary classic, those who like Amish fiction should   find the writing in this book solid and the storyline interesting.  A Place of Peace is about Miriam Lapp, a young woman who left her Amish community four years ago for "English" life following a tragedy.  Her heart was broken for many reasons.  She returns for her mother's funeral and realizes she wants to return to that life.  One thing she left behind four years ago was a fiancée and she learns that he is still single,but seeing someone.  Will she return?  Will she get the guy?  How does it all work out?  Hint:  Happy Ending--with an introduction to characters I'll bet we'll see in another book.  Grade:  B.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats