Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

I'd like to welcome everyone to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other.  To particpate, go to your blog and create an entry titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  In it, highlight one or more of your posts from the past week that you believe would be of interest to Catholic bloggers---whether they are posts reflecting on spiritual matters or posts about antics of Catholic kids, or anything in between.  Come back here and enter the URL of that post into Mr. Linky.  Finally, go visit other participants, and leave comments!  If you want a weekly reminder to post, join our yahoogroup.

Wow, last week was our biggest week yet.  I enjoyed seeing all the new blogs and the old friends.  We are a diverse lot, and I've really enjoyed getting to know folks through this group.  My post this week that everyone HAS to read is my review of unPlanned.  Wonderful book, highly recommended, and a great follow-up to whatever you did to recognize the Roe v. Wade anniversary.

What else did I write about this week?  Well, I told folks about my new favorite source of review copies, NetGalley.    I read Medical Error, a medical thriller.  Fatal Judgment is classified as a romantic thriller.  The Color of Atmosphere is about how a woman became a pediatrician, and why she chooses not to be one any more.

Thanks for stopping by, and for participating!  Have a great week.

19 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting. I really enjoy meeting and reading all the different blogs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another interminable recap of last weeks class about Jesus driving Pharisees crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We listened to a Langston Hughes poem set to music, looked at a trompe l'oeil sidewalk picture, some Ogden Nash poetry and part of Psalm 87.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you RAnn for hosting. We are a diverse lot. It's been wonderful finding you all so interesting and prolific.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi RAnn. I heard good things about unPlanned as well. Keep up the good work!

    ===================
    This week on Sunday Snippets, WBN presents: Choices.

    * The Apple Incident
    * Real World Obamacare
    * "Shoved To Them" Scandal Revealed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week, my post is about my reflections on another Catholic blog--one run by an Eastern Catholic priest's wife! (I can't remember how I found her blog--perhaps through this very carnival.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, RAnn! I really appreciate your hosting this for us.

    Blessings!

    Ebeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:04 AM

    Im not very technical, but I have copied and pasted , as I did a lot yesterday, I havnt got anything special for today, but please look at my post on Birdwatching as I think its my best for a while.Looking forward to reading some new Blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayer, a book, cheerfulness, and time for tea--these were all found along "A Trail of Flowers" this past week. Please stop in for a visit. (Thank you, RAnn, for your hospitality, and may God bless you.)
    --Kindred Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, RAnn, and thanks to all the folks who take the time to read and comment. I am enjoying our little community!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Textual critique of the NIV translation and reflections on ways of knowing and the existence of God through atomic physicist Werner Heisenberg. It was an interesting week!

    Thanks for hostin, RAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This week's devotionals brought to mind how Jesus calls us then humbles us as moms, how we are gardeners for the seeds of faith he plants in our children, and the friends who help us get the job done. Check it out at www.momsdevotional.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blessed Chiara, St. Joan of Arc, and the Sons of the Most Holy Redeemer were the highlights of my blogging week. Thanks, RAnn!

    In Jesu XPI Passio,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks as always RAnn! I'm waiting on my copy of unPlanned.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Back in the loop - looking forward to reading others' posts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for hosting, RAnn!
    My posts for this week are:
    A news item, with my own comments,
    a post about contemplating my navel(that should have some of you
    saying, "Huh???!!"
    and my usual "books read in the
    past week" list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I posted a reflection by Fr Tomasek on his recent recurrance of sarcoma...that I commented on here last wk. Pretty heartwrenching for everyone involved so, needless to say, your prayers are very much needed & appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you RAnn for the review of Unplanned. I really need to get it now. Unfortunately, due to a ski trip, snow shovelling, and a bunch of other stuff related to winter, I haven't actually had time to post anything this week. Oh well, maybe next week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Diddleymaz's link in Mr. Linky didn't work for me.

    The blog is a nice one, though.

    Thanks for hosting, RAnn.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats