Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

I'd like to welcome everyone to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other.  To particpate, go to your blog and create an entry titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  In it, highlight one or more of your posts from the past week that you believe would be of interest to Catholic bloggers---whether they are posts reflecting on spiritual matters or posts about antics of Catholic kids, or anything in between.  Come back here and enter the URL of that post into Mr. Linky.  Finally, go visit other participants, and leave comments!  If you want a weekly reminder to post, join our yahoogroup.

While I read and reviewed several books this week, the only Catholic one was The Power of the Sacraments.


1. Renee
2. Kathleen@so much to say
3. Barb Schoeneberger
4. Evan's Cove
5. Carol @ simple_catholic
6. San Damiano
7. kkollwitz
8. Joann / Into Stillness
9. Raven
10. Dymphna @ The Well
11. Moonshadow
12. Ebeth
13. Colleen
14. Karen
15. Kindred Spirit
16. Wynken, Blynken, and Nod
17. Lauda Sion
18. thereserita
19. David Marciniak
20. anothersuburbanmom
21. Magister Christianus
22. wheat4paradise
23. Helen
24. Semper Gaudete!
25. Moms daily devotional
26. Kiran M I
27. Lux Veritatis

20 comments:

  1. I reviewed a Catholic book...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi RAnn. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A penetential-sized post on the Wedding at Cana and the Healing of the Paralytic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you RAnn for hosting all of us.

    Just one post. It's been a heavy week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RAnn thanks for again hosting.

    Poetry and prayer this week.
    Blessings on all of you at Sunday Snippets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week we looked at artists, Grace Divine and Norman Rockwell, poet, William Carlos Williams, musician John Michael Talbot and Christ the Eternal High Priest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting. About a book review I read in Newsweek.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, RAnn, for your gracious hospitality. My posts this week were several times covered with snow. I also wrote about Saint Agnes and one of my favorite subject, friends. Please take a peek into my little corner of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi RAnn! Can you believe this is Sunday Snippets #92? Thanks for all you do!
    ========================

    This week on Sunday Snippets, WBN presents: Goin' Hard.

    * 24:15 Supposedly
    * Excerpts In Excellence
    * I Confess
    * Viva la Revolution!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi @all :)
    new sunday goodie: Taizé worship, enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  11. For years I was employed by the local Health Dept to teach sex education in the public & private secondary schools locally. As the cirriculum was set up, we went out of our way to descibe the abortion 'procedure' to the students. There was no need to preach against abortion because every student naturally recoiled from the gruesomeness of the whole horrible thing.
    But, in the same cirriculum, we taught the various types of contraception, beginning with abstinence & assertiveness training. After several years, my brother, a Jesuit who posts on my site, pointed out to me the intrinsic link between the use of contraception & the legalization of abortion. Of course, I had to find another job after that!
    So that's why I put up a post yesterday on the Roe anniversary about that link. It makes Catholics uncomfortable bc we practice artificial contraception at the same rate as the general public, but it's the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, RAnn, for hosting; my prayers for a blessed week. It has been a week of novena prayers to one of my heroes, St. Francis de Sales...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you RAnn for hosting. I took on the abortion issue and also women priests and my heated exchange with a few who thought the Church was "misogynistic" for not ordaining women.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As always, thanks for hosting, RAnn! This week saw posts on baptism, Frankenstein, Playboy, Protestant vs. Catholic theology, ane more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous11:55 AM

    Hi RAnn and fellow bloggers,

    "The real Vatican II" was the main topic this past week. I encourage everyone especially to read Bishop Athanasius Schneider's inspiring manifesto.

    In Jesu XPI Passio,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you got quite a list this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This week, I'm sharing a news article, and, as usual, posting
    my reading list.
    RAnn, thank you so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. As we answer God's call in last week's lectionary, we need compassion, courage and a BFF! Check out our reflections at www.momsdevotional.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi RAnn,
    Thanks for inviting me... I've written about the infallibility of the Church/Pope.
    This is a cool idea.
    Kiran MI

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks RAnn,

    this is a wonderful idea.May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats