Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

I'd like to welcome everyone to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other.  To particpate, go to your blog and create an entry titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  In it, highlight one or more of your posts from the past week that you believe would be of interest to Catholic bloggers---whether they are posts reflecting on spiritual matters or posts about antics of Catholic kids, or anything in between.  Come back here and enter the URL of that post into Mr. Linky.  Finally, go visit other participants, and leave comments!  If you want a weekly reminder to post, join our yahoogroup.

I have several book reviews up this week, and invite you to look around while you are here.  One book I am publicizing this week is Unplanned which is written by a former Planned Parenthood executive who crossed the street to the pro-life center when she witnessed her first abortion.  Read about it here.  Another book many of you  may enjoy is Pearl in the Sand which is a fictionalized account of the life of Rahab, the Canaanite harlot who became a foremother of Jesus.  My review is here.

18 comments:

  1. RAnn,

    Thank you dear host.

    Here are my posts. Hope everyone has been well. I'm still playing catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Unplanned sounds good and you can peak into at Amazon. I think I'll be getting it.
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's very good to know about Unplanned. (The sneak peek, I mean.) I'll go check it out. It's hard to imagine that someone could work for any length of time for PP without processing the reality of abortion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both books sound interesting to me. I wonder if I can get them at our library.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It feels like forever since I've participated here! I hope you've all been well.

    You've reviewed some great books lately RAnn. Unplanned looks good and so does the Amish books. :)

    Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I posted the testimony of a priest in Iowa who has walked away from New Age/TM & is helping others, including a cousin of mine, do the same. This is a big problem that's infiltrated our church.
    www.zealforyourhouseconsumesme.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for hosting, R'Ann. This week comes under the tag "life happens". Just one of those weeks. But God finds us in the crazy and the ordinary. Lucky for us!

    Looking forward to reading others' postings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great week! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Education, parents talking with children, and theological issues surrounding baptism...a few of the topics in this week's posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I'm so late this week, RAnn! This week we talked about Z. Randall Stroop, John Michael Talbot, Robert Browning, the Baptism of Our Lord and Psalm 51. We also saw a very creative pair of painted tennis shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, from the land of ice and snow and snow and snow and more snow and... well you get the picture, for hosting RAnn. Also, that Unplanned book sounds really interesting. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:45 PM

    RAnn, I'm happy to have found this friendly group of Catholic bloggers. I've just entered the link to my first set of snippets. God bless!

    In Jesu XPI Passio,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting, RAnn. I linked to a post I wrote this week after reading Jeff Cavin's "My Life On The Rock."

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love reading about the Amish, and I'm definitely going to read "The Search".
    "Plain Girl" was my first book about the Amish, too. I really should get a new (used) copy; hardcover this time.
    New-used? There's an oxymoron!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi RAnn, hope all is well with you.
    =====================
    This week on Sunday Snippets, WBN presents: Choose Your Own Adventure.

    * 24:15 Choose Your Own Adventure
    * Feeling Hot! Hot! Hot!
    * Green Energy That Might Actually Work

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for hosting, RAnn.

    My week has left me with little time to write, but I do have one written after a visit to a dear doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi @all :)
    I was pretty busy so i just share one reflection. meditationg over it i thought that one i should read more often...
    enjoy& have a blessed week

    ReplyDelete
  18. The scriptures this past week have focussed on the call to vocation. Check out the meditations for moms as they live out their vocation, this week at www.momsdevotional.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats