Sunday, May 15, 2011

Monday Memes

Mailbox Monday is hosted this month by MariReads and is where book bloggers gather to share what showed up in their mailboxes this week, whether those mailboxes received email or snail mail.

Snail Mail:  None this week.


NetGalley:  
Only Mine (Fool's Gold)
Her town’s lack of men may make headlines, but it isn’t news to Dakota Hendrix. The beautiful blonde has bigger problems to deal with, such as overseeing the romance reality competition filming in Fool’s Gold. Screening eligible bachelors is a difficult enough task, but Dakota hits an unexpected snag when a sexy stranger comes to town. Finn Anderssen will do anything to keep his twin brothers — the perfect contestants — off the show. Despite Dakota’s better judgment, she finds herself drawn to the mysterious outsider. Like her, Finn knows about heartbreak and how a family can fall apart, so she doesn’t dare to hope for anything more than a fling. After all, even in the Land of Happy Endings, finding true love is never as easy as it looks on TV    A fun romance, will be reviewed in June

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Lost Adventures
One of America's hottest shows returns! For three years, millions of eager fans tuned in each week to watch Nickelodeon's hit animated series, Avatar: The Last Airbender. Ever since, fans have been hungry for more - and now their wait is finally over! This volume collects the long-out-of-print, fan-favorite comics previously published in Nickelodeon Magazine and with the Airbender DVDs, plus over 70 brand-new comics pages. That's over 26 stories set in Airbender continuity, by a host of top-notch talent, many of whom worked on the original animated series itself. Not my thing at all, but it isn't for me, it is for my teenaged son, who will have to tell me whether it is any good so I can write a review.
I have a backlog from NetGalley which I am trying to clear before requesting more, but so many of them are so tempting...

Amazon freebies (which I may actually read one day)

It Happens Every Spring (The Four Seasons of a Marriage Series #1)Too Close to Home (Women of Justice Series #1)A Vote of Confidence (Sisters of Bethlehem Springs, The)Tailor-Made Bride, A




It's Monday, What Are You Reading is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  She asks what we read or reviewed this week and what we plan to read next week.

This week I finished:
Only Mine (Fool's Gold)  Will be reviewed in June
Save the Date My Review.
The First Husband: A Novel My Review.
The Volunteers' Guide to Fundraising: Raise Money for Your School, Team, Library or Community Group To be reviewed in June

Currently Reading:


Two Kisses for Maddy: A Memoir of Loss & LoveWhen the Soul Mends (Sisters of the Quilt, Book 3)

Up Next:
My Foolish Heart (Deep Haven)Broken Wings: A NovelSkywardVanish in Plain Sight


21 comments:

  1. Awesome books, I cant wait to read a Susan Mallery novel!
    jbdownie5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to snag the Avatar book for my boy. He loved the Nick series but the movie was beyond disappointing. I'm sure he will love this though :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some good ones this week. Enjoy your books and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about netgalley! So many tempting review books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover for Broken Wings is fantastic, definitely makes me want to pick it up :)

    Please feel free to stop by my Monday here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful looking reads! Vanish in Plain Site sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your books this week are new to me, I look forward to your reviews. Happy reading and enjoy your week. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-39.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your books! Broken Wings looks great and I adore Susan Mallery as an author & a person, just fantastic. I'm off to check out your First Husband review because I've been contemplating a purchase. Thanks!

    Hope you have a fabulous reading week and if you get a second stop my to see what I've been reading at There's A Book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bet Only Mine is really good. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL. Thats how I am on NetGalley. I've really dedicated the last week or so by knocking out all my ARCS before requesting more.. but I admit, I check that site daily to see what new book has popped up that I may like! So many great reads!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My problem with Netgalley books is I never seem to get them read before they expire. That doesn't stop me from looking at them though. You found some treasures there for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This One is Mine looks good...and Skyward. Enjoy!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:36 AM

    I hope you enjoy all of your great reads.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lot of great reading!!! ENJOY!!

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to see what you think of Susan May Warren's latest novel... and Broken Wings. I've had my eye on that one for a while. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, the last three of what you reviewed, i would like to read so i will come back and read your review, the second of your current reads looks interesting and eack of your up next looks promising. I like what you got, enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy your reads. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree about NetGalley having many tempting books! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great week. :) Looks like you found some cute books on Amazon for Kindle too!

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm quite addicted to NetGalley. Broken Wings and Skyward caught my eye too. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two Kisses for Maddy, My Foolish Heart, Skyward and Broken Wings have all been added to my every growing TBR list.

    My Reading Plan for the Week
    Enjoy your books and thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats