Saturday, May 07, 2011

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

I'd like to welcome everyone to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other.  To particpate, go to your blog and create an entry titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  In it, highlight one or more of your posts from the past week that you believe would be of interest to Catholic bloggers---whether they are posts reflecting on spiritual matters or posts about antics of Catholic kids, or anything in between.  Come back here and enter the URL of that post into Mr. Linky.  Finally, go visit other participants, and leave comments!  If you want a weekly reminder to post, join our yahoogroup.


I've been a busy blogger this week, and besides that, posts I was asked to hold until May have also published.  I wrote about romances, cookbooks and more.  Some I'd like to call to your attention:
Mother Teresa CEO was an interesting book that looked at Mother Teresa as a manager rather than a saint.
Thank You God For Daddy is a cute book for young children and their dads.
Heartland is a cookbook focusing on the food of the Midwest.
unPlanned is a DVD about a woman who went from managing a Planned Parenthood center to being an advocate for life.  I'm giving away a copy of it, and would love to have you win.  One way to get extra contest   entries is to participate in Sunday Snippets.  In order for your Sunday Snippets entry to count,  your post must link back here.  
Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival Participants
1. Raven
2. Colleen
3. Dymphna@the Well
4. Evan's Cove
5. kkollwitz
6. Semper Gaudete!
7. Barb Schoeneberger
8. Laura @ NotJustReading
9. Kathleen@so much to say
10. NCSue follows back
11. Carol@simple_catholic
12. Prince Rillian @ Cair Paravel
13. John O'Neill
14. Dave Rosen
15. Gary Ludlam
16. celeLINKY with the SAINTS
17. Wynken, Blynken, and Nod
18. James Finnegan
19. Stephen Mozier

Powered by... Mister Linky's Magical Widgets.

15 comments:

  1. This week, we listened to "Et in Tera Pax Hominibus" by Vivaldi, looked at "Peace, Be Still" by Stephen Gertson, Sonnet 30 by Shakespeare and reflected on why God asks us to love our enemies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in Snippetland.

    One last monstrous post from this catechetical year: Arks & Tabernacles.

    One post of audio files from a recent class: Res Ipsa Loquitur 3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks once again for hosting, RAnn. You'd think, with everything that went on this week, that I would have a plethora of posts, but, no.
    I have:
    A post about a temporary change to my morning schedule,
    a link to something I hope you've already seen,
    and my usual book list.
    May the Blessed Mother intercede for all mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day, RAnn, and thanks for hosting this meme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Link was up, but now it is missing. Oh, well, posts can be found at: http://bedlamorparnassus.blogspot.com/2011/05/sunday-snippets-catholic-carnival-for-8.html.

    The include at Latin teacher's look at the death of bin Laden and the definition of marriage seen in William's and Kate's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the review of the Mother Teresa book the other day, although I didn't have time to comment (you can't imagine what this week has been like...who am I kidding, of course you can!) The Heartland sneak peek on Amazon looked beautiful but I didn't see enough recipes to make me decide if I wanted it or not. :) Happy Mothers Day, Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Mother's Day to all you Sunday Snippet moms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for hosting this RAnn! My posts -that aren't the Gospels of the day -are a very meager number of two. I have a reflection on one of the Gospels and a story about St. Therese (Really it's about me, but St. Therese plays an important part in it.)

    Oh and happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for an opportunity to tell about my blog where, for several years, I've written post that have become chapters in the eBooks that I've published.

    ReplyDelete
  10. RAnn,

    So charitable of you to invite a new guy to the blogger's carnival.
    My post is on Mother's Day...

    A big thank you to all the mothers.

    Pax,

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm new to the carnival. Here is my link for the week - a tribute to the mothers in my life.
    http://wp.me/p17axU-2n

    ReplyDelete
  12. RAnn this is a great idea. I'm planning to visit the other blogs on your list. My goal is to become a speed reader as well as a more enlightened Catholic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, RAnn -- been very busy myself. Thanks!
    ================

    This week on Sunday Snippets, WBN presents: Life's A Sigh Sometimes.

    * Blessed JPII, the Awesome
    * The Sheep and the Goats
    * And Then There Were Shingles

    ReplyDelete
  14. although I posted last week, nothing specifically CAtholic. For the first part of the week our family was in a hotel about 60 miles from home due to tornadoes - well really because there was no power and we were concerned about sewage backing into our house .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stephen Mozier9:27 AM

    Thank you for this oppotunity to share my blog with others.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats