Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Save the Date: My Review

Save the Date


About the Book:
When funding for Lucy's non-profit job is pulled, she is determined to find out why. Enter Alex Sinclair Enterprises--the primary donor to Lucy's non-profit organization.

Both Lucy and Alex have something the other desperately wants.

Alex has it all...except for the votes he needs to win his bid for Congress. Despite their mutual dislike, Alex makes Lucy a proposition: pose as his fiancée in return for the money she desperately needs. Bound to a man who isn't quite what he seems, Lucy finds her heart--and her future--on the line.

Save the Date is a spunky romance that will have readers laughing out loud as this dubious pair try to save their careers, their dreams...and maybe even a date.

My Comments:
It has been so long since I selected this book from NetGalley that I don't remember what appealed to me.  Romantic comedy isn't usually my thing, but I'm glad I picked this one.  The premise is implausible but the characters are likable, and the situations humorous without being ridiculous.  It is Christian  fiction in the old-fashioned sense of the genre--we go to church with the characters several times and listen to the sermon which just happens to be just what they need to hear that week.  When Lucy decides to let go and let God, things happen for the best.  Still, it was an entertaining read with a happy ending so I'll give it a B.

Thanks to NetGalley for providing a review copy.  I was under no obligation to provide a positive review.

1 comment:

  1. This was one of the cutest Christian books I read in a while, I'm glad you liked it too.:-)

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats