Sunday, January 03, 2010

Weekend Reading

The Vanishing Act of Esme LennoxThe Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox is about a woman who has spent her entire adult life in a mental hospital.  When it was being closed, her great-niece is called upon to take charge of her.  We hear the story of how she ended up there through her memories and through what I think are the memories of her sister, the main character's grandmother.  In short, today I think this young woman would have been diagnosed, if anything, with high-functioning autism.  She was brilliant but had a hard time concentrating on some things, and concentrated too much on others.  She hated social events and socializing in general and was  was very poor at it.  I hated the ending.  Grade:  C

Clouds (Glenbrooke, Book 5)Clouds (Glenbrooke, Book 5)  A short sweet story about two young adults who fell in love as teens, lost each other and who now find each other again.  Can they make it work this time, or does God have other plans (like his fiancee)?  Grade:  B-

Disclosure:  Book titles are links to Amazon, if you click and purchase, I get a small commission.  I think I got both of these books via Bookmooch.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats